Sunday, September 26, 2004

The First Blog of the Rest of My Life

Baby surprise, in progress Posted by Hello
Well, here we are. I can upload photos, not without difficulty. I got my website address and Queer Joe's into my sidebar. I got my own picture into the author box, or whatever it's called.

I am knitting EZ's Baby Surprise, for the 6th or 7th time. It remains an almost complete surprise. The yarn is Louet Gems Merino, left over from not one but two recent projects, of which more perhaps anon.

I got the pattern from the (London) Sunday Times, 18 years ago. You had to send in for it. My mimeographed copy is pretty tattered by now. I know it was 18 years because I noted on the pattern that I had finished it on the 9th of May, 1986, for"Bernadette Ogden", the pregnancy code-name for granddaughter Helen, who will be 18 in November. There are other pregnancy code names from subsequent years noted on the pattern, too.

It's a double-breasted version, which I prefer to EZ's published one. I sent a copy of my tattered mimeographed sheet to Meg Swansen once, hoping she could publish it in Woolgathering, but her reading of the Sunday Times text was that an unnamed designer had made the changes and probably still owned the copyright. A shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment