Tuesday, May 10, 2005

There It Is

Finished. If I have another go at reducing the Shetland jumper-weight stash next winter, I'll knit a pullover, and pay more attention to detail.

I had a pleasant evening knitting more Clapotis -- I even finished a skein of yarn. I keep track on a spreadsheet of yarn-in and yarn-out, a meaningless statistic especially for one who knits as many stripes as I do and thus rarely finishes a ball of yarn. The current score for '05 stands at a rather unsatisfactory 14 out, 32 in, with a custom-dyed order of Candace Strick's Merging Colors on its way to me as we speak (www.strickwear.com).

So, we're off to the country today, and the weather forecast is good. We may be away as long as a fortnight: no blog. Yesterday went well on the worm front until late afternoon, when another batch of 50 or so arrived. (None this morning, which is very encouraging.) I wrote to Demon but they entirely failed to grasp the problem, and wrote back telling me not to open attachments and to keep my virus software up to date, when what I am worried about is an overflowing mailbox. Would I know the name of the worm if my software wasn't up to date?

Knitting magazine put in an appearance yesterday. I think I was wrong to worry -- it comes out in the second week of the month, whereas my cookery and gardening magazines turn up the week before. It -- Knitting -- seems to be going from strength to strength, although there's still nothing there I want to knit.

Mary Morrison makes the current Rowan magazine sound interesting, including something from Sharon Miller who wrote Heirloom Knitting.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment