Saturday, July 23, 2005

Now starts the serious business of trying to catch up on a week's missed life...

We had a good time; lots of hard work. The weather was glorious, in fact alarmingly dry. When we were there in June, some may remember, I was bitterly disappointed with the performance of the vegetable seeds I had sown in May. This time, after more than a month of absence (because of the cataract operation) at this vital time of year, I expected nothing, and was pleasantly surprised. I'd have taken before-and-after pictures had I not been so depressed at the sight of Before. But I unearthed many crops as the days went on, all looking now a bit pale and surprised to be deprived of their weed companions, but some may rally and produce a late crop.

I include, above, a picture of a baby courgette. Only two seeds germinated out of 20, but those two plants will yield something, starting with this one.

I didn't get much knitting done. In fact, on Tuesday, July 19, I didn't knit at all. But I'll post the statuatory image of the current state of Rachel's Koigu sweater (my country knitting) tomorrow. And provide progress reports on other WIPs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment