Tuesday, April 10, 2007

We’re off this morning. I’ll be brief.

The first little-boy sleeve is finished and attached. I’ve started the ribbing for the second wrist, and will resist taking it along to finish on the train. If there is one thing I have learned from my husband in half a century of married life, it is: travel light.

Thank you for the information about togas, and for that link, Vivienne. I am surprised at myself to realise that I have spent so much of my life in the company of togas, so to speak, without ever knowing or even wondering what shape they were at night.

Tamar, an “orange segment” would be a solid figure, wouldn’t it? And we’re really in plane geometry here – I think your “section of a circle” was better.

Ted, thank you for the endorsement of Sam the Ram. He’d have a certain local appropriateness, too, as there are far more rams than mermaids in Strathardle. I think he’s likely to be the one.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having eye trouble, and hope the optometrist gets you back to Princess-knitting p.d.q. I’d have thought the Princess border would be easy peasy compared to Hyrna Herbogar. (For which, see Ted's blog.) The last I heard – forgive me if I’ve got this wrong – you had actually mislaid your Princess; I’m glad she’s back within reach.

I’m sure I’ve reported here before that when I had my second (left-eye) cataract operation, at the end of the summer in 2005, I was doing the last third of the edging, and had finally mastered the pattern. While the surgeon toiled on, I recited it to myself in my head, using Amedro’s “cast” and “take” for YO and k2tog. The left eye proved slightly tricky, and I had time to get all the way through at least twice, I remember.

My plastic eyes are holding up splendidly, and I heartily wish you better vision soon.

Blogging should resume a week today, insh’Allah.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:55 PM

    The princess is beautiful. As is the Calcutta cup sweater which I neglected to comment upon when you finished it. Are you getting tired of fawning comments yet?

    I was wondering whether Gladys Amedro's book is still available anywhere. I've searched everywhere I can think of and have had no luck.

    ReplyDelete