Saturday, October 06, 2007

Hooray -- pictures today!

Carlarey (comment yesterday), bless you and thank you. I’ve got KF’s “Family Album”. That sounds like a very good price. Maybe you should snap it up, and offer it on eBay.

I finished the second cuff of the gansey, and am knitting the neckband, gussets and all. I found Brown-Reinsel a bit hard to follow at this point. The book in general has a slightly padded feeling, as if the material had to be stretched to make it fill a whole book, and this can make it perversely difficult to find exactly what you need.

There are three kinds of neck gussets: the triangular, which I am doing, I think; the inverted triangular, which I am not eligible for since it can only be used with bound-off shoulder seams, and I’ve got a shoulder strap; and shoulder-strap gussets, which I don’t understand.

I’m doing a rolled neck, which B-R likes with a garter-stitch welt, which I’ve got.

I’m very pleased on the whole, except that photography has revealed a slight change of colour in the top bit, when I switched from circular to back-and-forth. I expected a change of tension at that point – but not this.












On the left, yesterday's picture, taken with the paradigm-sweater. On the right, today's, photographed from the other side. The front view shews a much more striking change of colour.

The whole thing will have to be washed when it’s finished. I’ve been working on it for over a year. Maybe the two-tone effect will vanish then.

Meanwhile, on with LibraryThing. I have solved my own problem: if you click on the word “Author” at the top of the author column, the arrangement becomes alphabetical. So that’s fine. The picture shews a bookcase we had made to fill an otherwise useless space -- five whole shelves tall enough and deep enough to hold the most extravagant knitting book!
I'm working my way from the top down, and am a shelf-and-a-half further than when I took this picture yesterday.

Apparently there is a way I can put a link in the sidebar here to allow people to search my library. That would be a good deal more interesting, I feel, than six random book covers. I’ll look into it. I’ve entered more than 100 books by now, and am cantering along.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are enjoying The Library Thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, being a nosey person I went and had a look at your virtual bookshelf on Librarything...wow, you've got more knitting books than me!

    ReplyDelete