Sunday, June 21, 2015

Little to report.

Here we are at the longest day – the fun is over for another year. I feel I've lost the best weeks of the 52, in all this business with illness and hospitals.

James and Cathy are going back to London this afternoon, after today's hospital visit. My husband is much as before (I didn't go in yesterday). James is concerned about some signs of confusion. He was mightily impressed with the Royal Victoria building – “It makes one want to pay even more taxes”.

I did no knitting yesterday – in fact, seem to have achieved virtually nothing. But only three rows remain of the 20-lozenge rank of the Fantoosh. I may be able to finish them off this evening when there will be no one here except me and the cat.

Lucy Neatby's Craftsy Class “Fearless Knitting” continues good. She's got some fiendishly clever grafting techniques.


Perdita is getting on fine – very friendly, very lively. Still no luck with solid food. I have got her some kitten pellets and softened them in her kitten milk, but she will do no more than sniff at them with polite interest. She likes people, and will make a fine family cat one day. We went out to supper last night (Bonsai, at the top of Broughton Street; very nice); she met us at the door when we got back, and said she had been worried about us.

8 comments:

  1. Try warming some soft food up, by mashing a little hot water into it. If she's not eating solid food yet though she's probably too young to have left her mother, I'm afraid. Eight weeks is the norm nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perdita should have been on solid food before leaving her mother. How old is she? Warmed solids are a good idea. If she was weaned too early (under 7-8 weeks) she may need special kitten milk from the vets. I used to look after kittens who had lost their mothers too young, for the Cats Protection League.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jean - try rubbing some food on the kittens mouth - they somehow forget what they're supposed to do with it when in a new environment. I had to do that my kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be hard when the family support leaves, so I'm glad that Perdita is there and adjusting well. Or well enough. Cat feeding is definitely outside my area of opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Little Perdita sounds like a nice kitten. Praying for a good day for you. You're strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe cook her a little white fish? This usually makes ours eat. Poach it in a little water and give her the water too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perdita is clever to let you know she missed you. Great communication skills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If she is drinking her kitten milk I wouldn't worry too much. I've had a few kittens who didn't eat much for the first days as they were too busy investigating their new home and getting to know their new family.

    ReplyDelete